Go to outback.com to receive a free steak dinner! They are giving away a million of them. Only one per household though. We got our and will probably get it to go and split it at home. Hurry before they are all gone.
Wow this seriously looks like I work for them or something. I don’t though, I just love free food!
– Does anyone else check their bank account numerous times a day? Like all of a sudden extra money is magically going to pop into your savings account…anyone..no? Just me? Thought so.
– I can’t believe it is almost September. Where has the year gone? It honestly drives me crazy thinking about how fast days, weeks, months and years are going. I wish time would slow down so I have more time to enjoy it.
– I haven’t been sleeping very well the past week. My back has been killing me and I toss and turn all night. The heating pad has become my new bff. I have been super stressed the past week or so and I think it’s starting to wear me down. Last night was the worst; I actually kept B up all night too. Sorry babe! I told him ill have a glass…or two….or four of wine tonight and that should help me sleep.
– I am very happy I started this blog. I first started it with the intentions of really helping us get our money in check but I had no idea how much it actually helps. It is so nice to be able to vent, complain, ask questions and brag about the things you are doing. B said he feels like we are actually taking charge of things :0)
– I’m a little scared of stretching myself to thin with a second job. We already have a lot going on but we could really use the money.
– B and I are working on a project. We are painting a house for a family friend. It has taken a lot longer than we thought. It is going on 2 months but in the end we get about $2,000. I’m not sure where that money will go. I’m thinking most on CC and some in savings.
– I’m calling into work sick tomorrow going with my sister-in-law (B’s sister) to try on wedding dresses. She is getting married in May 2012. I am a bridesmaid and B is a groomsman. Upcoming wedding stuff deserves a post to itself.
– See those boxes on the right? Notice the Efund has gone up and the CC has gone down! Seeing things like that makes me really happy!
Have a great night!
I need help with my resume and cover letter! I have been trying to find a new job for months now. I have updated my resume but still feel it’s not where it should be. I’m really frustrated with my current situation and need to find something soon.
If anyone knows of someone who works with HR and is good with resumes and would look mine over please let me know.
I would also like to know if you think it is ok for a resume to be on 2 pages or do you think it should be on 1? I have heard many different answers from many different people and would like your opinion.
Do you have any tips and tricks on finding a job and selling yourself?
B and I had a wedding this past Saturday. I’m all out of options on dresses. I bought a few dresses on super sale a year ago and they have lasted me through many weddings. 7 to be exact. We had 7 weddings in 2010 alone. One was our own :0)
Those weddings last year cost a pretty penny. Between gas, hotels, one bridesmaids dress and a gifts. The cost added up. I was in a sorority in college and it seemed like all of my sorority sisters got married the same year. I am a person who wouldn’t really say no to a wedding. I honestly love weddings and love sharing a great time with the ones I love.
With that said, I really want to wear a new dress to this wedding but did not have the money to go buy one. In walks my sister-in-laws closet! She has a great sense of style and I don’t know how she does it but she has so many clothes. I honestly wonder how much a year she spends on clothes.
She is a size or two smaller than me but we found a dress that would fit perfectly. It was an a-line black dress that fell above the knee. It had ruffles around the neck and a thick black belt that came right below my chest. I felt very beautiful in the dress and the best part is it was FREE.
We had a wonderful night and only spent $23. I was trying to go for a free night but I decided to buy my girlfriends a round of shots at the wedding. I know it was stupid but im a sucker for a good time.
What did you do this weekend? Any tips on saving money for a night out?
Tomorrow B and I are spending the next 10 days at the beach. 5 days in Myrtle Beach, SC with my family and 5 days at Outer Banks NC with his family. We are both so excited! It is defiantly a much-needed break. We are going to try to not spend as much money as we can. I really think the only thing we will be buying is food. We are bring a lot of food with us for lunches and dinner but a few nights out on the
town beach will be great.
I figure I have about 20 hours of being in a car the next week. I’ll be driving some but mostly B will be driving. Its going to be a killer on gas but we are not paying for the houses we are staying at so its ok in our book. During those 20 something hours I have decided to get a jumpstart on Christmas gifts. Yep, I said Christmas. We are going to do Christmas on a tight budget this year. So I have decided to give all the girls in our family a hand knitted scarf. Sitting in a car doing nothing for many many hours is the perfect time to start this project. I’ll let you know how it goes!
Being an adult sucks. I wish people told you how hard it is to be on your own…oh wait, they did…I just didn’t listen. Looking back now I think how stupid 18-year-old me was. I thought moving out and being on your own would be the best, easiest thing in the world. No worries. No troubles. You get to do whatever you want…when you want. You will be making millions of dollars and not have to work very hard to do it. Boy was I wrong.
Being on your own is extremely difficult. Bills unexpectedly come. Food always need to be bought. Working 40+ hours a week at a job that i hate. Life can be really hard at times. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I know B and I will get over this hump. It’s a struggle at times but I honestly think it will make our relationship stronger. Things are difficult right now but I know they wont be like this forever.
We live in a very expensive city but once he is done with school we are going to move to a place we can actually afford. He is working part-time but in a year he will hopefully be working full-time again. I will hopefully find a job I love and makes good money. Every body has times of financial struggle.
People can tell you time and time again that it is difficult being on your own. But until you live it and go through it, you will never fully understand.
18-year-old me is getting a big kick in the ass by 24-year-old me :0)