Welcome to another episode of Pimp My Lunchbox!
Lets look at the budget/figure friendly lunch I packed today!
First we have some chicken noodle soup. It’s the healthy low sodium stuff. I split the can between B and I. To make it go farther and be more filling I add extra vegetables to it. I added extra carrots, broccoli, corn and green beans. Not exactly the things you add to a chicken noodle soup but we work with what we have.
It looks really bad but it taste so good.
Next we have some snacks. I’m a big snacker. I usually eat my breakfast at 7:30 have a snack around 11, eat lunch at 1 then have another snack at 4.
I packed some string cheese, almonds and yogurt. I usually keep some popcorn in my desk…just in case.
Today B will be gone all day. He will be working a few hours in the morning then has 3 classes for college. He will be away from 8AM to 10 PM. No way am I going to let him leave the house with out a good packed lunch :0)
What did you bring for lunch today?
Go to outback.com to receive a free steak dinner! They are giving away a million of them. Only one per household though. We got our and will probably get it to go and split it at home. Hurry before they are all gone.
Wow this seriously looks like I work for them or something. I don’t though, I just love free food!
First let me say that I hated the earthquake that happened yesterday on the east coast. It was not a very fun experience. I honestly never ever thought that an earthquake would happen in Virginia so im sure people in California are laughing your asses off at us. Well har har har.
We moved in with the in-laws in February. We had too much credit card debt to be living in a large city paying so much in rent. Since we have moved in with the in-laws we have paid off $4,705 towards credit card debt. We still have $3,114 to go. We hope to move out of the in-laws by November or December. The question is…do we save money or pay down our CC?
We have to move out by the end of the year. We don’t have to, but we have to…get it? No one is making us move but we have to move for our own sanity. I love it there and I love his family. We are so appreciative of everything they have done for us! But we need our own space. We need to feel like a newlywed couple. We are losing so much of the alone time that you are supposed to be spending your first year because someone is always around. It’s hard to get a little night-time nooky when your little sister is banging on the door asking for toilet paper….yes that really happened. Basically we don’t have enough space or time together.
With that said, we are working on painting a house for a family friend. We will be finished by the end of the week and will be receiving a check for $2,000 for the project. What should we do with the money? B thinks we should put it in savings. I think we should put it towards our credit card. In the end we are going to compromise and put half in savings and half on the credit card. Compromising is what marriage is all about, right? I am very pleased with the decision. We will be building up our savings while also knocking down our CC!
Did you feel the earthquake? Or did you and your significant other make a compromise about something you both disagreed on?
Judy from We may be poor, but we are happy did a post today about 7 things.
7 things you can’t give up, 7 things that are hard to give up and 7 things I have already given up.
Here are mine :0)
Things I can’t give up.
1. 2nd car. With our schedule we need 2 cars.
2. Cell phones.
3. Our 1 year anniversary trip. We will however do it very cheaply.
4. B going to school.
6. I have no idea about the other 2
Things I could live without if I had to.
1. Going out to eat. We don’t go out often, but living with your in laws you need some time to yourself. It seems like when we go out to eat is the only time we really get to feel like a normal couple.
2. B’s motorcycle
3. My laptop. We have B’s desktop.
4. Extra spending even though I don’t spend that much extra
5. Cable. We don’t pay for it at his parents so that nice.
6. Beer for B and wine for me.
Things I have given up
1. Bachelor and bachelorette party for my sister-in-law.
3. Shopping whenever I want.
4. A trip to West Virginia University to go tailgating with friends I havent seen since our wedding :0(
5. Time- Once I get a second job I will be giving up a lot of time so I can work more
6. Space- Living with my in-laws…enough said.
7. Going out to movies, bars or any entertainment.
Doing this activity has actually made me really frustrated. I feel like I have given up so many things the past few months and its never good enough. I can never get ahead…no matter how hard I try. I don’t go out a buy clothes, food and other stuff I don’t need. Yet we can never seem to catch up. I have been really stressed out about money recently and I feel bad for B because I have been taking it out on him. (Sorry love) I’m just so eager to really start our lives together as a married couple living on our own.
– Does anyone else check their bank account numerous times a day? Like all of a sudden extra money is magically going to pop into your savings account…anyone..no? Just me? Thought so.
– I can’t believe it is almost September. Where has the year gone? It honestly drives me crazy thinking about how fast days, weeks, months and years are going. I wish time would slow down so I have more time to enjoy it.
– I haven’t been sleeping very well the past week. My back has been killing me and I toss and turn all night. The heating pad has become my new bff. I have been super stressed the past week or so and I think it’s starting to wear me down. Last night was the worst; I actually kept B up all night too. Sorry babe! I told him ill have a glass…or two….or four of wine tonight and that should help me sleep.
– I am very happy I started this blog. I first started it with the intentions of really helping us get our money in check but I had no idea how much it actually helps. It is so nice to be able to vent, complain, ask questions and brag about the things you are doing. B said he feels like we are actually taking charge of things :0)
– I’m a little scared of stretching myself to thin with a second job. We already have a lot going on but we could really use the money.
– B and I are working on a project. We are painting a house for a family friend. It has taken a lot longer than we thought. It is going on 2 months but in the end we get about $2,000. I’m not sure where that money will go. I’m thinking most on CC and some in savings.
– I’m calling into work sick tomorrow going with my sister-in-law (B’s sister) to try on wedding dresses. She is getting married in May 2012. I am a bridesmaid and B is a groomsman. Upcoming wedding stuff deserves a post to itself.
– See those boxes on the right? Notice the Efund has gone up and the CC has gone down! Seeing things like that makes me really happy!
Have a great night!
Again with the job hunt. This time I need a part-time job. With B starting school on Monday he will be starting part-time. Which means we will really have to cut back. I don’t know how we can cut back anymore than we already do but we will try.
If im going to have a part-time job its needs to be a fun job. I deal with so much crap at work I really don’t want to go to another job and deal with more crap. I also want a job where I already shop at so I can get a discount. I would love to work in a retail place like Crate and Barrel or Homegoods, rather than Macy’s or Ann Taylor. I like to furnish my home more than myself. B told me I should work the streets. He thinks I could get a lot of money…such a sweetheart :0)
When I get a second job I am really going to dedicate myself to making as much extra money as I can. That extra money is going to savings a paying down credit card. Except for the first check. I already said it was going to buy me and him new clothes. He desperately needs jeans and I need fall work clothes. I told him its my extra money and I get to spend it where I want. ha! I’m going to drop off some applications around the area the next week. Wish me luck!
Truer words have never been
spoken…typed. So Much time and energy goes into looking for a job. Once you look for the right one it then takes forever to physically apply for the job. The online applications take forever to fill out then you have to make sure your resume and cover letter are correct and set up well for the job. Its hard work!
My issue I have is that I don’t know what I want to do with my life. I’ve had ADD since I was a kid. School was always something that was difficult for me. It was always easy for all of my friends but I really struggled with it. I was always very active and had something going on. Looking back I know why my parents were so supportive of me being playing soccer, running track, performing in the show choir and school plays. It helped me learn responsibility. I knew if I wanted to do something I had to finish my homework first.
Even with all of that I honestly never thought I would go to college. My parents knew how hard it can be to get a job without a college education, they told me I didn’t have to go to a 4 year University if I chose not to, but I did need to get my associates from the community college. I went to CC for a year before deciding that I wanted to get by bachelors. I chose a close by 4 year university. I decided to live on campus even though I could have still lived at home. Looking back at my student loans I shouldnt have lived on campus…but looking back at my college experiences im so happy I did.
I graduated college with a BS in Mass Communication. I interned at a PR firm and a film studio. I have graphic design, radio and film experience. (ps I really want to work on the design of my blog I just don’t have the equipment and time to do it right not…maybe sometime soon) I have all of this experience from college and have no idea what I want to do with it. To be honest I am completely scared to try something new. I stick with the safe jobs and am very afraid to step out of my comfort zone. I think it goes back to the insecurities I had when I was a child with ADD. I’m not afraid anymore to tell people I have it. I think I have accomplished a lot and I am very proud of myself. It just a lot of pressure to find something that you want to do for the rest of your life.
I have completely redone my resume. I have added key words and describe what I do perfectly. I feel really great about it and I hope some good things come my way soon! Wish me luck on my job hunt!