This sunday B and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary.
I honestly can’t believe it has gone by so fast. People tell you that your wedding will go by fast and you don’t really believe them until it happens. Then they tell you your first year of marriage will go by super fast. Again, you don’t believe them until it happens.
We are going away for the weekend to the Outer Banks, NC. I’m so excited to spend a weekend alone with my husband.
B. I have fallen more and more in love with you and I cant wait to see what our future has in store for us. Everyday is an adventure. I know things are hard now but it wont be like that for long. I honestly believe that we can get through anything life throws at us. We are strong and in love and that’s all we need. I love you with all of my heart.
I feel the need to dream a little bit. B and I have been having a hard stressful time recently and need something good to cheer us up. I want to talk about our dream home. Our forever home. The one we will raise our children in. The one we will have happy family memories in.
My dream home is a farm-house. It will be a fixer upper, something old but has good bones. One with a lot of history and with a lot of space…both inside and out.
I want to fix up the house to make it everything we want it to be. To make it fit our lives and the lives of our kids….our imaginary kids :0) I want it to have plenty of room but still feel cozy. I would love to have a big wrap around porch with a swing and a long driveway.
I want a big barn or a garage for B to put all of his “man toys” in. I want space for a garden, where I can grow my own fruit and veggies. I want to learn how to can everything I grow and be “that” neighbor that everyone loves because she brings homegrown tomatoes over. I want a big treehouse where our kids can play for hours. I want a dinner bell on the porch to call everyone in when supper is ready.
I want someplace where our kids can run and get into trouble…the good kind of trouble you can only get into on a farm :0) where they can ride their bikes without having to worry about cars or traffic. Where you have simple fun. Fun from running and playing sports outside…not sports on the computer or tv screen. I want a simple life. Full of family, friends and love.
I want a big farm-house sink with butcher block counter tops. I want a big wooden table that B made with his own hands. I want family game night, christmas dinner and pancake morning around that table. I want big 4th of July barbeques and birthday parties full of family and friends.
This is what we want. This is our goal we are working towards. I know those of you that already own a home or have kids are probably laughing at us right now. I know most people dream of the house with the white picket fence but never achieve it.
But we will. I know we will have everything we ever dreamed of. It may take time but eventually we will have it. I think you have to believe in your dreams or you will never make it happen.
Pictures found on pinterest here, here here here here here
Welcome to another episode of Pimp My Lunchbox!
Lets look at the budget/figure friendly lunch I packed today!
First we have some chicken noodle soup. It’s the healthy low sodium stuff. I split the can between B and I. To make it go farther and be more filling I add extra vegetables to it. I added extra carrots, broccoli, corn and green beans. Not exactly the things you add to a chicken noodle soup but we work with what we have.
It looks really bad but it taste so good.
Next we have some snacks. I’m a big snacker. I usually eat my breakfast at 7:30 have a snack around 11, eat lunch at 1 then have another snack at 4.
I packed some string cheese, almonds and yogurt. I usually keep some popcorn in my desk…just in case.
Today B will be gone all day. He will be working a few hours in the morning then has 3 classes for college. He will be away from 8AM to 10 PM. No way am I going to let him leave the house with out a good packed lunch :0)
What did you bring for lunch today?
Go to outback.com to receive a free steak dinner! They are giving away a million of them. Only one per household though. We got our and will probably get it to go and split it at home. Hurry before they are all gone.
Wow this seriously looks like I work for them or something. I don’t though, I just love free food!
First let me say that I hated the earthquake that happened yesterday on the east coast. It was not a very fun experience. I honestly never ever thought that an earthquake would happen in Virginia so im sure people in California are laughing your asses off at us. Well har har har.
We moved in with the in-laws in February. We had too much credit card debt to be living in a large city paying so much in rent. Since we have moved in with the in-laws we have paid off $4,705 towards credit card debt. We still have $3,114 to go. We hope to move out of the in-laws by November or December. The question is…do we save money or pay down our CC?
We have to move out by the end of the year. We don’t have to, but we have to…get it? No one is making us move but we have to move for our own sanity. I love it there and I love his family. We are so appreciative of everything they have done for us! But we need our own space. We need to feel like a newlywed couple. We are losing so much of the alone time that you are supposed to be spending your first year because someone is always around. It’s hard to get a little night-time nooky when your little sister is banging on the door asking for toilet paper….yes that really happened. Basically we don’t have enough space or time together.
With that said, we are working on painting a house for a family friend. We will be finished by the end of the week and will be receiving a check for $2,000 for the project. What should we do with the money? B thinks we should put it in savings. I think we should put it towards our credit card. In the end we are going to compromise and put half in savings and half on the credit card. Compromising is what marriage is all about, right? I am very pleased with the decision. We will be building up our savings while also knocking down our CC!
Did you feel the earthquake? Or did you and your significant other make a compromise about something you both disagreed on?
Judy from We may be poor, but we are happy did a post today about 7 things.
7 things you can’t give up, 7 things that are hard to give up and 7 things I have already given up.
Here are mine :0)
Things I can’t give up.
1. 2nd car. With our schedule we need 2 cars.
2. Cell phones.
3. Our 1 year anniversary trip. We will however do it very cheaply.
4. B going to school.
6. I have no idea about the other 2
Things I could live without if I had to.
1. Going out to eat. We don’t go out often, but living with your in laws you need some time to yourself. It seems like when we go out to eat is the only time we really get to feel like a normal couple.
2. B’s motorcycle
3. My laptop. We have B’s desktop.
4. Extra spending even though I don’t spend that much extra
5. Cable. We don’t pay for it at his parents so that nice.
6. Beer for B and wine for me.
Things I have given up
1. Bachelor and bachelorette party for my sister-in-law.
3. Shopping whenever I want.
4. A trip to West Virginia University to go tailgating with friends I havent seen since our wedding :0(
5. Time- Once I get a second job I will be giving up a lot of time so I can work more
6. Space- Living with my in-laws…enough said.
7. Going out to movies, bars or any entertainment.
Doing this activity has actually made me really frustrated. I feel like I have given up so many things the past few months and its never good enough. I can never get ahead…no matter how hard I try. I don’t go out a buy clothes, food and other stuff I don’t need. Yet we can never seem to catch up. I have been really stressed out about money recently and I feel bad for B because I have been taking it out on him. (Sorry love) I’m just so eager to really start our lives together as a married couple living on our own.
- Does anyone else check their bank account numerous times a day? Like all of a sudden extra money is magically going to pop into your savings account…anyone..no? Just me? Thought so.
- I can’t believe it is almost September. Where has the year gone? It honestly drives me crazy thinking about how fast days, weeks, months and years are going. I wish time would slow down so I have more time to enjoy it.
- I haven’t been sleeping very well the past week. My back has been killing me and I toss and turn all night. The heating pad has become my new bff. I have been super stressed the past week or so and I think it’s starting to wear me down. Last night was the worst; I actually kept B up all night too. Sorry babe! I told him ill have a glass…or two….or four of wine tonight and that should help me sleep.
- I am very happy I started this blog. I first started it with the intentions of really helping us get our money in check but I had no idea how much it actually helps. It is so nice to be able to vent, complain, ask questions and brag about the things you are doing. B said he feels like we are actually taking charge of things :0)
- I’m a little scared of stretching myself to thin with a second job. We already have a lot going on but we could really use the money.
- B and I are working on a project. We are painting a house for a family friend. It has taken a lot longer than we thought. It is going on 2 months but in the end we get about $2,000. I’m not sure where that money will go. I’m thinking most on CC and some in savings.
- I’m calling into work sick tomorrow going with my sister-in-law (B’s sister) to try on wedding dresses. She is getting married in May 2012. I am a bridesmaid and B is a groomsman. Upcoming wedding stuff deserves a post to itself.
- See those boxes on the right? Notice the Efund has gone up and the CC has gone down! Seeing things like that makes me really happy!
Have a great night!